ETC spinoff Impact Games created a game for Rand McNally based upon the 2012 Presidential Election and election process. The free collaborative, online tool, "Play The Election" teaches students through games, resources and competition.
Key Features of "Play the Election" Digital Learning Game
- Interactive electoral map – Breaks down the Electoral College by state, details past election results, real-time polling data, election-related headlines, and more.
- Digital Mini-Games – Students can choose from eleven different mini-games that reinforce key concepts of the election, delve deeper into the issues of influential and battleground states, and tie core civics curriculum to current events.
- Standards-aligned lesson plans – Professionally-created lesson plans for educators that cover key aspects of the 2012 Election, the Electoral College, and major debates.
- Student Access – Each student creates their own unique profile that allows them to save and edit their own electoral map, play and track their progress through the games, and see how their answers stack up against those of others in their class or the country.
- Create Your Own Games – Teachers can create their own mini-games to reinforce key concepts or to teach new, related events.
We hope you check out the game!