This week, we’ve been finalizing things before softs. After much back and forth, we finally settled on a story for our interactive journey. Actually, it might be more accurate to say we decided not to use a story, as we decided to focus exclusively on the horse riding section rather than try to squeeze in combat and stealth as well. It was a tough decision, as we’d put in a lot of planning into our other interactions, however we’d been getting such positive reactions to our horse riding that we decided to spend our remaining time polishing it rather than trying to squeeze in 3 different interactions. So far, we’ve set out the landscape for the level, began designing art assets for it, created a pathfinding system for the player, and integrated and refined our motion floor system.
For the puzzle game, it’s been all about testing and polish. With the basics of the game down, we’ve spent most of the week bringing the game together as a complete experience. We added a title screen and instructions, as well as 2 different game modes. We also had the
opportunity to put it in front of a bunch of people, and get their feedback about what was working and what wasn’t.
Finally, we continued work on our menu system. We have most of the technical issues ironed out, and now the challenge is getting the content in. We also tested it out with Susan and Rebecca, and got their feedback about what else they’d need to use it.