WARP: Team Delta
What would you do
with 360 degrees of immersive display?
The dome is a miniature, portable, inflatable planetarium.
We, the ETC students on the Interactive Dome Project, have
been charged with developing interactivity as a new feature
of the dome.
- How can interactivity work effectively in a dome environment?
- What can we build to show off the capabilities of the
Interactive Dome Project is an exploration of these questions.
As the initial project in a series of projects exploring and
prototyping interactive dome experiences, we are focusing
on three main aspects:
- Getting a 3D engine running with the appropriate spherical
- Exploring effective (and ineffective) uses of interactivity
in the dome environment.
- Building and packaging a portable, interactive prototype
course, documentation will be a large part of our project
The first of our prototypes, Domites,
mixes playful interactivity with psychedelic visuals and atmospheric
beats in a collaborative, emergent, 3-player experience. The
Domites experience served as an experimental project in which
we were able to work out issues of input and activity, as
well as the technology behind it.
second prototype, WARP: Team Delta,
is a more goal-directed space adventure, following the themed
entertainment model. Four players in different roles work
together to complete a hazardous trek across space.