Magic Mirror is the latest incarnation of the Entertainment Technology Center’s, Audience Interaction Project. The Audience Interaction Project has historically attempted to provide interactive experiences to large audiences in a movie theater setting. Audience interaction uses sensors to detect the behavior of the audience to affect a computer-generated experience.
Magic Mirror differs from previous Audience Interaction projects in that it uses images of the audience as a background for the interactive experience.
Magic Mirror places the audience into the experience.
- Live video of the audience is taken
- The video is analyzed to detect movement in the audience.
- The image of the audience is projected onto a screen facing the audience – like a mirror.
- Computer generated effects are projected, overlaid over the projected audience.
- Create a fun, interactive experience for large audiences.
- Create an application that can be run by novice computer users on generic equipment.
- ...That could be the basis of a movie pre-show...
- ...That could entertain the masses at clubs or lounges...
- Magic Mirror
- Give the audience the option to interact or not
- Provide individual feedback and a feeling of agency to each guest
- Provides more structure to the audience in the form of mini-games
- Magic Volleyball
- Fortune Cookie Crackup
- Thought Bubble Burst
- Musical Note Knockdown
- Barnyard Bonanza
Semi-Permanent/Permanent Installations everywhere!