This week we we had our halves presentation. We spent most of our time preparing for halves and the rest of it building the prototype for our demo. We added UI to let players choose from a pool of animations to solve the puzzle. We also brought our cat character into the prototype.
On the machine learning end, our programmer worked on optimizing the pose estimation and exploring Google Drive’s sharing settings, since our user flow involves uploading the videos to Google Drive. This is discussed in more detail in our halves presentation. Here’s our halves presentation video.
We had our puzzle prototype up for demo after our presentation, we also showed that we are able to go from 2D videos to animation data and bring them into Unreal Engine.
In the next week, some of our team members are headed to Game Developers Conference. We hope to learn something new there which we can apply to our project. We will also make a decision about which of our 3 prototypes we want to develop into our final game next week.