Final Week (5/8 – 5/12)

This week, we had our final presentation and a the video is available below: This semester is finally over. We appreciate everybody’s help. We have learned a lot from this experience and hope we could contribute more to the society. Bon voyage!  

Week 15 (5/1 – 5/5)

This week, we pretty much finished the project. We mainly focused on preparing for the final presentation and documenting all the files we have. We have included a thorough design document, as well as a solution book for teachers. We also made the promotion video for the game, hoping it …

Week 14 (4/24 – 4/28)

Soft Opening   We had soft opening this Monday. ETC faculty came in and playtested our game, provided some helpful feedback. We then started to iterated the game and prepared for the upcoming playtests and submission this week.               We arranged two playtests at local elementary …

Week 13 (4/17 – 4/21)

This week we playtested at Colonial School. Although this is the last time we playtested here, the students were still very interested in the game. The only concern they had was: the waiting time for clearing a level was too long. They hoped we could make it shorter. During the …

Week 12 (4/10 – 4/14)

We visited Jessica Hammer on Thursday, she gave us a lot of very useful feedback.   Feedback From Jessica Hammer: • Red 180 should move clockwise, all red gems should go counter clockwise • The visual representation of clockwise gems is weird, think about it • Maybe two step visual …

Week 11 (4/3 – 4/7)

  Starting Week 11 we finished creating digital versions of our remaining puzzles. In addition we began working on the various aspects of the game that we presented to our playtesters at the end of Week 10. More Pieces We added a map to replace the original level select screen. …

Week 10 (3/27 – 3/31)

During Week Ten we prepared designs for the final levels of the game. These levels were in line with the complexity metrics we established during Week 9. During this process we also documented our puzzles, and their solutions. This document would not only help recreate these puzzles during development, but could be …

Week 7 (2/27 – 3/3)

GDC Week! Design Week! Due to feedback from last week, we started refine our digital prototype. Lena redesigned the art to make it flat style, which is more popular and attractive. Based on the art style, Jun did a series of UI design work. Art redesign New character design   New …

Week 6 (2/20 – 2/24)

Initial Idea Based on a focus on Treasure Hunter at the end of Week 5 we added various design additions to the idea which was shaping up to be a dungeon adventure where players: 1. Could move around a character 2. Had an inventory (method of dealing with many gems …

Week 5 (2/13 – 2/17)

This week we presented our project to our faculty and received some feedback from them, including three paper prototypes.    Based on their feedback, we developed and improved a new game: puzzle-solving game. This game adopts utilizing the angle element. We adopted an adventurous game theme, which is the style that we …