ETC students are able to declare a concentration along with their MET. Attached is the latest list of elective courses for each concentration. ETC students should see their handbook for more information on how to apply for a concentration.
Jan Bozarth is a nationally recognized content creator and branding expert for positive content for children and family programs with a special emphasis on programs for young girls. She is a pioneer in entertainment, specializing in the creation of highly honored and nationally acclaimed entertainment products.
As an independent creator of family and children’s programming, she has developed, guided, designed, or produced more than 14 home video programs, 3 original stage musicals, 20 games, online games and learning products, 3 major girl franchises and 4 original music CD’s. Additionally Jan is an award-winning composer who works with her family of composers that has produced songs, musicals and scores for games, television, ads, and other media.
Jan was the Vice President of Creative for Girl Games, Inc., one of the interactive industry’s first girl-focused companies, followed by her leading design and productions for Mattel that is ongoing today. Jan’s innovative and ground-breaking work with hit titles over the past years include: The Barbie® Designer Series, Let’s Talk About Me™, Sabrina™ and Clueless ™ (both based on hit television series), Barbie® Gotta Groove, Diva Starz™, Enchantimals, and Atomic Betty™ and more.
Jan remains on the cutting edge of entertainment technology including Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality. In 2013 she worked as a Disney Imagineer team designing a new technology brand.
Jan is the author of the global entertainment “trans-media” brand for preteen girls, The Fairy Godmother Academy. The six book series is published by Random House-Yearling Books.
Jan’s career vision has been to create positive media and music for families. She is dedicated to writing songs and stories for all children, especially girls. Her works have been recognized through many Industry Awards.
Honors and Recognition
• Founder, The Real Children’s Theatre of Texas
• Velveteen Rabbit – the Musical - B. Iden Payne Award for Best Children’s Theater
• Founder, Tribes Music Business Program for at-risk Youth
• Barbie® Nail Designer – Top 5 Selling Title in USA
• Barbie® Gotta Groove- Nominated for Best Children’s Game by National Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
• Let’s Talk About Me - First Texas Interactive Media Award for Outstanding Artistic Achievement
• Diva Starz® - Best selling new toy for Christmas 1999
• Governor, Texas Chapter Board of Governors for the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (the Grammy® organization)
• Waking Sleeping Beauty Music-B. Iden Payne Award for Best Musical Score
• Advisory Board Member for the St. Edwards University Integrated Digital Media MBA Program, Graduate School of Business
• Faculty at CWC New Media Program in Banff, Canada
• Created first trans-media brand for book publisher, Random House