The handbooks for the students who started at the ETC during the fall of 2017 semester.
On September 18, 2007, Randy Pausch, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) co-founder and Human-Computer Interaction Institute (HCII) Professor, delivered an inspiring last lecture at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) on Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. The lecture has since been viewed online by millions, and led to a best-selling book, inspiring many students to achieve their dreams.
To celebrate this 10th anniversary and Randy’s ongoing impact at CMU and around the world, there are several events planned. Share #LastLecture inspiration with CMU, HCII and ETC social media, and follow along as we confirm dates and places throughout the year.
September 2017: Celebrating 10 Years of the Last Lecture
October 2017: CMU Last Lecture Screening and Panel Discussion
CUC McConomy on Wednesday, Oct. 11th from 4:30-6:30pm
CMU’s University Lecture Series (ULS) is hosting a screening of the lecture followed by a panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Jesse Schell, a video game designer, acclaimed author, CEO of Schell Games and a distinguished professor of the practice of entertainment technology at CMU’s Entertainment Technology Center;
- Jessica Hodgins, professor in CMU’s Robotics Institute and Computer Science Department and former vice president of research for Disney;
- Cleah Schlueter, a former project coordinator in the Computer Science Department;
- Daniel P. Siewiorek, the Buhl University Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science; and
- Laurel Beatty, a double alumnus of Carnegie Mellon.
November 2017: Randy Pausch Synthetic Interview
Randy Pausch Day, Nov.20th
March 2018: Alice School Challenge Deadline
ETC Distinguished Professor of Practice Jesse Schell on Randy Pausch
April 2018: The Importance of Mentoring to Graduate Student Success
GSA Graduate Appreciate Week
June 2018: Alice School Challenge Awards Event