Survey results of the summer internships of the ETC class who will meet degree requirements in 2018
On September 18, 2007, Randy Pausch, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) co-founder and Human-Computer Interaction Institute (HCII) Professor, delivered an inspiring last lecture at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) on Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. The lecture has since been viewed online by millions, and led to a best-selling book, inspiring many students to achieve their dreams.
To celebrate this 10th anniversary and Randy’s ongoing impact at CMU and around the world, there are several events planned. Share #LastLecture inspiration with CMU, HCII and ETC social media, and follow along as we confirm dates and places throughout the year.
September 2017: Celebrating 10 Years of the Last Lecture
October 2017: CMU Last Lecture Screening and Panel Discussion
CUC McConomy on Wednesday, Oct. 11th from 4:30-6:30pm
CMU’s University Lecture Series (ULS) is hosting a screening of the lecture followed by a panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Jesse Schell, a video game designer, acclaimed author, CEO of Schell Games and a distinguished professor of the practice of entertainment technology at CMU’s Entertainment Technology Center;
- Jessica Hodgins, professor in CMU’s Robotics Institute and Computer Science Department and former vice president of research for Disney;
- Cleah Schlueter, a former project coordinator in the Computer Science Department;
- Daniel P. Siewiorek, the Buhl University Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science; and
- Laurel Beatty, a double alumnus of Carnegie Mellon.
November 2017: Randy Pausch Day, Nov.20th
January 2018: Chat with Randy Pausch
Before his death in 2008, an extensive interview was conducted asking Randy nearly 400 questions submitted by colleagues and students alike. Now you can ask Randy about his childhood, family, research, and passions and hear his answers from this in-depth interview that are moving, funny, thought provoking and extraordinary.
March 2018: Alice School Challenge Deadline
ETC Distinguished Professor of Practice Jesse Schell on Randy Pausch
April 2018: The Importance of Mentoring to Graduate Student Success
GSA Graduate Appreciate Week
June 2018: Alice School Challenge Awards Event