Survey results of the summer internships of the ETC class who will meet degree requirements in 2019
2018 CREATE! Festival Honorees
This year 6 ETC student projects were named as Honorees in the Top Gaming + Education Projects of the Year as part of The CREATE! Festival & Awards. One BVW world, Althea, was included in the Top Interactive Projects of the Year, not bad for a two week assignment from the ETC first year students. The festival is part of The International Creativity Summit presented by The Pittsburgh Technology Council. The summit is two days of art, tech, workshops, talks, performances, awards, parties and opportunities to experience the newest trends in creativity and innovation. CREATE is a mashup of connectivity, interactivity and inspiration, showcasing the year’s most innovative work in the Creative Industries.
The projects honored are:
- Cosmic Kitchen from team CuriouSer. Cosmic Kitchen is a VR Computer Science Education Game, created for Alice and explores the possible uses of virtual reality for computer science education.
- Robo Repair from team ArithMagic. ArithMagic is a math-focused educational game for elementary school students. The primary focus of the game is to create an accessible and engaging play experience where students apply the math concepts taught in class to practical scenarios. Robo Repair is available for the iPad.
- Mind Field from team Mocking Birds.Mocking Birds is an interactive experience dealing with racism. The Mind Field team collaborated with with students and administrators from the main campus of Carnegie Mellon University, we created a tool that raises awareness and evokes discussion among students on the in-explicit forms of racism. The experience is available for you to try.
- Voyage from Team Voyage: Voyage is a moble VR experience made for middle school students revolving around the biome topic of deciduous forests.
- Trash Traders from Team Flower Power: Trash Traders is a educational game on networked iPads to help teach the students about recycling and living more sustainable lives. Both the teacher pamphlet and app are available for download.
- Angle Jungle from the Tiny Team. Angle Jungle is an educational game for the iPad that enhances the classroom learning of angles with a fun engaging game for the target audience. The game is also available for download on the App Store.
The student teams will be honored at the CREATE 2018 Awards Ceremony on June 7, 2018 with nearly 100 of Pittsburgh’s leading creative innovators.
Congratulations to the ETC students and all the nominees!