To see this newsletter in PDF form, click here.
THIS WEEK (1/28/13 – 2/1/13)
We have narrowed down the list of possible experiences for our transmedia piece to three choices:
- CEO/Union Leader Experience
- At the beginning of the piece, a coin is flipped and depnding on where it lands, a guest becomes either a CEO of a company that has to answer to sharehodlers, or a union leader who has to work with other union members to make the company/union successful.
- Polictician vs Lobbyists Story
- The guest is given the role of a budding politican who is on their first campaign. Along the way, the guest has several encounters with lobbyists who can aid in the election, but then force the user to return the favor once elected. If the user chooses not to, they will have a harder time progressing through the campaign due to the lack of funds and visibility, but have a clearer conscience.
- Post-apocalyptic Scenario
- In a world in which the major banks were the victims of cyber warfare from a branch of the Occupy movement and Anonymous, the user must find a way through the world.
We have also begun to locate posters, props, and other things to emphasize the theme of economic inequality in America. One of the posters that we have already put on the wall is a treasure trove of statistical information and graphs that clearly show the effects of this difference in wealth has wrought.
NEXT WEEK (1/28/13 – 2/1/13)
We will meet our client twice this week in order to share each other’s findings. On Tuesday, we will give a presentation on what kind of technology can be utilized in the making of the piece, as well as the three ideas we have brainstormed. On Thursday, the philosophy class will give us some central points for our team to explore and use, as well as delivering several useful infographics for both reference and implementation We will then prototype several of these concepts and plan out what will be needed for filming purposes. We will also continue to theme the office and meet for any additional ideas.